The remains of former president-in-exile Ryszard Kaczorowski are being transported to Kraków for investigation, after they were removed from a grave in Warsaw amid fears that Russian investigators into the April 2010 Smoleńsk air crash may have mixed up the bodies.
The Polish Press Agency reports that the remains of President Kaczorowski may have been mixed up by Russian investigators following the crash of the flight carrying Lech Kaczyński and others to a memorial service at Katyń.
Russian officials have denied responsibility for any mix-up in burials.
- Smoleńsk crash – memorial delay (krakowpolska.wordpress.com)
- Smoleńsk crash photos: “We never had the pictures” – Miller (krakowpolska.wordpress.com)
- Smoleńsk air crash pictures: is blogger a spy? (krakowpolska.wordpress.com)
- Smoleńsk crash images spark controversy (krakowpolska.wordpress.com)
- Moscow opens investigation of Polish air crash internet photos (rt.com)